2021 Additional Benefits
WellCare of Kentucky is proud to provide extra benefits at no cost.
Qualified members can receive a free cellphone through Safelink (tracfone). Members will have access to 350 minutes and unlimited text messages and 3 GB of data
Enjoy premium rewards with free Amazon Prime memberships, Fitbits, and Walmart Visa Cards.
Members may receive a Fitbit, Amazon Prim membership, or a Walmart gift card as part of the Healthy Rewards Program after he or she completes Healthy Rewards activities.
You can choose:
- A Fitbit when you complete two (2) Healthy Reward activities
- Amazon Prime when you complete one activity to receive a three (3) month Amazon Prime Membership
- A Walmart Gift Card when you complete one activity
The more behaviors you complete, the more rewards you earn. Get a full list of all healthy behaviors that can earn you a reward.
The Meals Program is for members discharged from:
- An inpatient hospital
- Skilled nursing facility
- Behavioral health facility
Meals are delivered within 14 days of discharge. Members get 10 meals per authorization.
Members age 21 and over are eligible to receive an annual allowance of $150 to purchase eyeglasses or contacts every 12 months
Free Sports Physical
No co-pay for an annual physical from a PCP, for children ages 6-18.
Each head-of-household is eligible to receive OTC items each month that are mailed directly to their home:
- No prescription is required
- OTC allowance amount based on the Kentucky member’s household size
- Only WellCare of Kentucky Medicaid plan members residing in the same home will be counted as part of the household:
- 1-person household - $10 per month
- 2-person household - $20 per month
- 3+ person household - $25 per month
WellCare of Kentucky members can save money and get additional discounts, two ways: OTC for Me and the CVS® Discount Card (for additional information sign in to the member secure portal)
Free GED Testing
A free GED test for members 16 and older who don't have a high school diploma. See our GED Eligibility Center for more details.
Reading Scholarship Application
We want to encourage the love of reading! To apply for your child, please fill out the Reading Scholarship Application form (PDF).
Free messages on your cellphone that offer health tips on pregnancy and baby’s first year. Just text BABY to 511411.
Free membership for boys ages 5-18 who join in the school year.
Free membership for girls ages 6-18 who join in the school year. WellCare will cover a one-year membership fee for members age 21 and older.
- Training - Free job training and financial education class
- Reading Scholarships - Improves reading skills of qualified members in pre-kindergarten through fifth grade
- GED Program - Free GED test for members 16 and older (existing)
- Criminal Record Expungement (Certification Only) - WellCare will assist with application fees associated with criminal record expungement (as allowed by state)
Members have a chance to win one of 50 scholarships. Each scholarship is $1,000. Member must be at least 18 years of age. Member must be accepted to attend a College or a University of their choice.
Fitbit/Amazon Prime Membership
Members may receive one of these items as part of the Healthy Rewards Program after he or she completes Healthy Rewards activities
- To be eligible for a Fitbit, member must complete two (2) Healthy Reward activities
- To be eligible for Amazon Prime you must complete one activity to recieve three (3) month Amazon Prime Membership
- Please note if you select Fitbit or Amazon you will not receive a reward card
WellCare offers this 6-month membership benefit. The program’s goal is to support healthy lifestyles and improve health outcomes, requiring:
- Member must be 13 years old or older (must be accompanied by an adult if under the age of 18)
- BMI must be greater or equal to 25 for adults 18 years or older (Children 13-19 ranked in 85% percentile)
*Member will have two options to select from WW – Weight Watchers Digital online only or Weight Watchers online with in person workshop