New Member Quick Tips
We Want to Make Things Simple
Here is everything you need to get started.
We know that choosing a health plan is an important decision for you. We appreciate the trust you have placed in us to help manage your health care needs. We also know you have received a lot of information about your new plan.
Our Customer Service representatives are a phone call away. They are dedicated to helping you get access to the right care. Do not hesitate to pick up the phone and give us a call. The phone number is on the back of your member ID card.
We wish you good health. We look forward to serving you.
- Carry Your ID Card. Show your new member card to doctors. Also show it to other health care workers when you visit them.
- Pick a Provider. Every member should have a primary care provider (PCP). What is a PCP? A PCP is your personal doctor who helps manage all of your health care needs
- Check the Preferred Drug List. Your health plan may include drug coverage. If so, check the list to find out which medicines are covered by your plan.
- Preventive Screenings and Annual Wellness Visit. Annual wellness visits and screenings can help you avoid illness. Both are available at no cost to you. Be sure to schedule these visits with your doctor.
- Use the Network. Use doctors and other provider in your plan's network. Staying in the network can save money. Check our Find a Provider tool for doctors in your area.
- Register for a Secure Account. Registration lets you access the member section of the web site. You can:
- Change your doctor
- Order a replacement member ID card
- And more
- Use the 24-Hour Nurse Advice Line. Have health questions? Nurses are available for you to call. They are happy to help you. The phone number is on the back of your member ID card.
- Get Help for Serious Health Issues. Need help with chronic conditions such as asthma or diabetes? Call us. A member of our Care Management team can help you get care.
- If Your Information Changes. Let us know if:
- Your address needs updating
- Your personal information changes