Welcome to WellCare of Kentucky
How can I enroll in Medicaid?
How can I enroll in Medicaid? If you have recently lost your job you may instantly qualify for Medicaid. To apply, learn more from the Commonwealth of Kentucky website.
We are glad you joined our family! It is a smart move. WellCare is the health care plan that puts you in control. You can choose from a large network of doctors and hospitals. You will get quality health care, plus access to special programs like these:
Free Monthly Over-the-Counter Items
Get up to $120 a year in free over-the-counter items like vitamins and cough medicines delivered to your home. Browse our catalog (PDF) and order online or by phone at 1-877-389-9457 (TTY 711).
24-Hour Nurse Advice Line
Call 1-800-919-8807 (TTY 711) to speak with a live nurse, 24 hours a day, any day of the year.
WellCare of Kentucky Plan Documents
- 2021 Enrollee Handbook - English (PDF)
- 2021 Enrollee Handbook - Spanish (PDF)
- 2021 Healthy Rewards Program Brochure – English/Spanish (PDF)
- SafeLink Wireless Lifeline Program - English (PDF)
- Member Medical Reimbursement Claim Form - English (PDF)
- 2021 Over-the-Counter Catalog – English (PDF)
- 2021 Over-the-Counter Catalog – Spanish (PDF)
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Guide - English (PDF)
- Mommy and Baby Matters Booklet - English and Spanish (PDF)
- 2021 Extra Benefits Highlights Guide (PDF)
- 2021 Plan For A Healthy Tomorrow - English (PDF)
- Member Health Risk Assessment Form (PDF)
- Member Academic Scholership Request – English (PDF)
- Member Academic Scholership Request – Spanish (PDF)
Helpful WellCare of Kentucky Information
Have You Moved?
Be sure to update your address with the state so you keep your WellCare health benefits.
You or your authorized representative can report a change. There are four easy options:
- Call the Dept. for Community Based Services (DCBS) at 1-855-306-8959.
- Visit a local DCBS office. You can find one online.
- Call kynect at 1-855-4kynect (459-6328).
- Update your contact information online.
Update your information and keep valuable benefits like:
- Free over-the-counter (OTC) items
- No co-pays for doctors’ visits
- Outpatient hospital services and more!
We’re here for you! Call us at 1-877-389-9457 (TTY 1-877-247-6272).
Our 24-Hour Behavioral Health Crisis Line is 1-855-661-6973. If you or a family member is having a behavioral health crisis, call this number. A trained person will listen to your problem. He or she will help you decide the best way to handle it.
You can call our 24-Hour Nurse Advice Line for free. The number is 1-800-919-8807.
An advance directive is a legal document telling providers what type of care you want, or don't want, if you are unable to tell them yourself. You can get an advance directive form from a lawyer, local legal aid office, your provider or Customer Service at 1-877-389-9457 (TTY 711).
Did you know that the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommends that everyone 6 months and older receive a flu shot? WellCare of Kentucky offers flu shots to its members at no charge. Flu shots are available at your provider's office and participating pharmacies and clinics. Some participating pharmacies include:
- CVS Caremark
- Rite Aid
- Medicine Shoppe
Please call Customer Service if you need help finding a participating provider. The number can be found on the back of your ID card.
In the event of a crisis, members should contact our Behavioral Health Crisis Hotline: 1-855-661-6973.
All plans call 1-877-389-9457 (TTY 711).